With the huge uptake of Video across organizations I am often asked to find upcoming and innovative products. Just recently I got my hands on the Logitech GROUP.
My test environment was Skype for Business 2015. Tested in two different room sizes, one was 4m x 4m and the other was 8m x 4m.
What I Liked
- Very Easy setup, only thing I had to tweak was the Video Frequency (Anti Flicker)
- This unit has excellent sound quality
- Its USB and so Plug-and-Play, also works with a variety of platforms including Office 365
- Coloured indication on the extension mic’s and the base unit to indicate status
- Bluetooth, paired to it(called Logi Group) from both Windows 10 Phone and iPhone
- Once Bluetooth was paired, the mobile doubles as the remote
- Expansion mic’s extend the reach of the unit well to up to 20 participants
- Five preset positions, as well as face detection
- Preconfigured Bundle (includes the Logitech GROUP, an Intel NUC, Wireless keyboard)
- Price (from under USD1000)
What I didn’t like
- The remote is a bit slow, this means that pan and zoom becomes jerky
The Logitech GROUP caters for rooms with up to 14 participants, which can be extended to up to 20 participants by using the expansion mic’s (at an additional cost).
At the price point and ease of setup, together with solid audio and video performance, I believe that it will make its mark.
This is where the Logitech product range shines. There isn’t much competition in this space either. Well spotted Logitech, please keep the product developments coming