Handling the unit I niticed how it looks and feels like a quality product. No cutting corners to save a few dollars on inferior plastic etc. On closer investigation I was very pleasantly surprised by all the additional innovations that have been included.
My Favourite Features include:-
- Left and Right sensed based on direction of the boom
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC)
- Incredible battery life, I had almost 2 full days – and I listen to music 95% of the day
- USB Pairing to my mobile phone, PC and tablet simultaneously without any issues.
- Presence updated to In a Call when I am on a mobile call (Yaya!) – not new but very useful
- Love the music control buttons (Track Backward\Track Forward\Play\Pause)
- Rotating Wheel for volume control
- Great sound quality
- Mute On\Off when you take off\put on the headset (thank you active sensors), and a notification toast (mute on reminder) to tell you that its happened
- Also, a screen toast that tells you that you are on mute if you forget and start talking while on mute
- OpenMic – When not in a call, mute (Red so you cant miss it) button becomes OpenMic on\off. You can adjust the amount of ambient noise to allow with the volume wheel
- Familiarity – since the buttons\controls are in exactly the same place as my Voyager Legend, operating this beauty is already second nature.
- Bluetooth range beyond any of the devices I have tested before
- The pouch has a separate compartment for charging cable and USB adapter, I have lost a few of these little adapters so am rather happy with this little inclusion.
Once I found the proper adjustments for my melon it was great. Managed to wear it for a full day without any discomfort. Its rather light and the ANC works fairly well for a headset that doesn’t totally encapsulate your ears.
Headsets often start to agitate me if they are too tight, partly because my radars get squashed. But wearing spectacles is also a discomfort when the headset is competing for the same real estate (over the ear). No such contention between my spectacles and my Voyager Focus UC.
- I wish the Charge stand was also a Bluetooth receiver, I am often handicapped with only one USB socket
- Using the Plantronics Hub Software, I can set the Media Player Action on incoming calls. I would love see Spotify on the list
- Also the music control buttons don’t work with Spotify
- Taking the headset off while music is playing pauses the music, cool BUT (see a theme developing here?) not working with Spotify
- The USB receiver is very active, flashing bright blue all day long. Its a bit distracting and I would love to see an option to disable this altogether.
Overall I think this is a fantastic headset. Dare I say, its the best headset I have had the pleasure to use.
NOTE If you somehow missed it, this is a Bluetooth headset, not DECT