Free Monitoring, Monitoring, monitoring Skyoe for Business, Skype for Business Monitoring, Synthetic Transactions, Tools
Its surprising how many deployments I have seen that don’t monitor their SkypeLync environments. Its even more surprising how many monitor only the usual server type bits such as disk usage, processor, RAM utilization and services.
May I suggest that at the very least you monitor your environment by means of synthetic transaction.
Test of SkypeLync modalities by utilizing Synthetic Transactions. Test results generate Event logs on the machine where the tool is being run, for easy identification by any monitoring platform.
All connectivity is over PSRemote Sessions to the Front End Pools. Automation is achieved by means of the schedule tab, this makes use of the Windows Task Scheduler.
What is a synthetic transaction?
Synthetic transactions are actions, run in real time, that are performed on monitored objects. In the case of LyncSkype for Business, synthetic transaction allow you to emulate actions such as sending an IM, making an outbound call, delivering a voicemail message, and so on.
So why do I need this tool?
Of course if you are a Powershell Guru and you have scripted your own Synthetic Transactions that great. However, this tool does more than simply run a bunch of synthetic transactions.
What else does it do?
- The results of each synthetic transaction are recorded in the Event Log of the PC where the tool is run from.
- Event log name where the results are recorded is separate from other event logs.
- The Event ID’s represent both success and failure of tests with separate ID’s depending on the result.
- Event ID’s also contain a brief description of the test being performed.
- The tool also has a Schedule tab that allows you to setup a scheduled task that will run on a repetition interval of your choice.
- Instead of trying to replace your existing monitoring tools, this tool generates Event Logs you can simply add to your monitored stack.
Besides running the Tool to monitor your environment, what else could it be used for?
- Quick test after server rebootsserver updatestopology changes
- Test against a particular Front EndEdge Server
- Test specified user for things such as login or voicemail
Download Skype for Business Monitoring Tool – Installer
To see it in action click HERE
This tool is NOT a replacement for the commercially available tools such as Nectar, EventZero, Unify², Prognosis or GSX. If you are after statistical data and history, triggered actions, dashboards, network performance, Session Border Controller monitoring or even QoS and network monitoring etc. then please do spend the cash and talk to these folks.
Pingback: Whats new in Skype for Business Monitoring Tool V1.3? | UC Sorted
this tool is not available in the TechNet link. I get message this item is not yet published
Paul B said:
Sorry about that. I have published it again. Also, just a note that there is also a V2 of this tool available.
Paul B said:
Hi Rahul, Technet seems to have dropped the download. I have put it back so should be good now.