What is Lync Call PickUp?
The ability to Pick Up a ringing endpoint by means for dialling a pickup code. This feature was added in Lync 2013 CU1
- Calls coming in to any member of a call pickup group can be answered by dialing an access code for that group (you will need to be in earshot of the ringing call to know about it).
- Any Lync user can answer a call to a call pickup group by dialing the call pickup access code associated with that group.
- Currently you cannot prevent the call from being Picked Up by any users.
- Calls have to be directly to the Pickup Group member, to qualify for Picking Up (can’t be a RGS Call, Delegate Call, Team Call, Simultaneous Ring etc.)
- Users may belong to just 1 pickup group
How to configure Call Pickup
- If you can’t set the Type its probably because you dont have a minimum of CU1 installed
- In the command above we have used the code *999 as the pickup code. If you use * or # the number needs to be greater than 100.
SEFAUtil.exe /enablegrouppickup:”*999″ /server:”” email@example.com
If you would prefer a GUI then James Cussen has developed just what the doctor ordered, he calls it the Lync 2013 Call Pickup Group Manager, it can be found here.