RGS – Hours of Business & Holiday sets

Response Groups – Creating Workflows

Both the option to add a preset hour schedule and holiday sets are greyed out until they are added from Lync Server Management Shell.

This is done as follows:

Defining Business hours as a Preset Schedule

*/Service Desk$a = New-csRgsTimeRange -Name “Service Desk Business Hours” -OpenTime “7:45” -CloseTime “17:00”

New-CsRgsHoursOfBusiness -Parent “ApplicationServer:” -Name “Service Desk Business Hours” -MondayHours1 $a -TuesdayHours1 $a -WednesdayHours1 $a -ThursdayHours1 $a -FridayHours1 $a

*/Lexel Business hours

$b = New-csRgsTimeRange -Name “Lexel Business Hours” -OpenTime “8:29” -CloseTime “17:05”

New-CsRgsHoursOfBusiness -Parent “ApplicationServer:” -Name “Lexel Business Hours” -MondayHours1 $b -TuesdayHours1 $b -WednesdayHours1 $b -ThursdayHours1 $b -FridayHours1 $b

Defining Standard Holiday Lists

$a = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “New Year’s Day” -StartDate “1/1/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “2/1/2013 12:00AM”
$b = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “Day after New Year” -StartDate “2/1/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “3/1/2013 12:00AM”
$c = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “Auckland Anniversary” -StartDate “28/1/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “29/1/2013 12:00AM”
$d = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “Waitangi Day” -StartDate “6/2/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “7/2/2013 12:00AM”
$e = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “Good Friday” -StartDate “29/3/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “30/3/2013 12:00AM”
$f = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “Easter Monday” -StartDate “1/4/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “2/4/2013 12:00AM”
$g = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “Anzac Day” -StartDate “25/4/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “26/4/2013 12:00AM”
$h = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “Queens Birthday” -StartDate “3/6/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “4/6/2013 12:00AM”
$i = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “Labour Day” -StartDate “28/10/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “29/10/2013 12:00AM”
$j = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “Xmas Day” -StartDate “25/12/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “26/12/2013 12:00AM”
$k = New-CsRgsHoliday -Name “Boxing Day” -StartDate “26/12/2013 12:00AM” -EndDate “27/12/2013 12:00AM”

New-CsRgsHolidaySet -Parent “ApplicationServer:lxlls2013fe.lexel.local” -Name “2013 Holidays” -HolidayList($a,$b,$c,$d,$e,$f,$g,$H,$i,$j,$k)

Thanks to Jamie Schwinn at WaveFormatin for a really cool tool called “Lync Holiday Set Editor” managing holidays has become alot less painful. Beers on me Jamie! Look me up if you ever in NZ 🙂

Advertisements

About Paul B

My name is Paul Bloem and I am employed at Lexel Systems in New Zealand as a Principal Consultant for Unified Communications. I have been working on enterprise voice solutions for over 20 years. My first 10 years were spent working for a Telco in South Africa (Telcom SA). This is where all the groundwork happened as I was exposed to just about every aspect of telecommunication you could imagine. I develop an interest in PBX technologies and eventually became the go-to guy. Next, I had a 10 year run at Siemens South Africa, most of my time there was as a Technical Trainer. During this time VoIP hit the world stage, I had the privilege of introducing VoIP both as H.323 and later SIP across the Siemens HiPath 4000 solution stack. In 2008 I immigrated to New Zealand with my newly attained MCSE, I was ready to go where no PBX Techie had gone before. I was employed to explore OCS 2007 and that was pretty much the beginning of the end for me. I have been working on OCS and Lync ever since. My current role focuses exclusively on Lync and associated technologies.. That includes pre-sales, consulting, architecture and design, training and support. I even get to play in the development space from time to time - focus on play ;-) I was nominated as a Microsoft VTSP for Lync early in 2013 and also awarded Microsoft's MVP award for Lync in 2014.
This entry was posted in Holiday Lists, Preset Schedule, Quick Reference Guide, Response Groups, RGS, Workflows. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to RGS – Hours of Business & Holiday sets