SNOM PA1 is a really easy to configure device that works out of the box with Lync as a PA system.
What you will need:-
The UC Edition of the SNOM PA1 Firmware
A Lync account that will be used by the snom device…aaahh thats it!
This little puppy ONLY works if your auto login is functioning (ie SRV records)
Update- This was on older versions of the PA1 firmware
How to configure the device:-
1. Power up the snom PA1, wait until the call LED lights up
2. Connect speakers to the device, I connected a speaker directly to the terminals as the image below shows
3. Press the IP Reset button and a friendly lady tells you your IP Address 🙂
4. Navigate to the URL https:\\ and click on the UC Account Data button
5. The device can have up to 4 different Lync Accounts, for simplicity I configured just the one. Enter the Lync PA user details and Apply
Once configured the device will request a login username and password next time you go to the URL, I had to factory reset the device each time I needed to change the Lync Account details. Bit of a bugger but since you only configure it once I suppose its ok.
Press and hold the IP Reset button until both LED’s go off.
Now reboot the device.
Tweaking the PA1
Adjusting the Speaker Volume (1-14) default is 10.