Sennheiser’s TeamConnect Wireless is a portable conference system providing audio by means of either USB, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack or NFC (Near Field Communication technology). This variety of connectivity options allows BYOC (bring your own conference [just made that up]). Be it a laptop, smart device or Surface Hub, connecting is simple. This sleek design and flexibility makes for a classy solution. With up to four satellites you got the room covered.
Want a more permanent setup? The tray set is the answer. With the 2 or 4 satellite solution quietly resting in the tray, charging away, you could be forgiven for thinking that it was part of the décor, some piece of art innocently placed to balance the room.
There are 3 different options: –
- TeamConnect Wireless (case set): Sennheiser TeamConnect Wireless – this option is portable and comes in a neat, hard shell carry case that also doubles as a charging station.
- TeamConnect Wireless – Tray Set: It features one master unit and three slave satellites plus the stationary tray charger. The Tray Set is designed for smaller rooms of up to 24 participants.
- TeamConnect – Tray-M (M for midsized): The Tray-M Set is a smaller version of the Tray Set. It features one master unit and one satellite plus the stationary tray charger. The Tray-M Set is designed for smaller rooms of up to 12 participants.
- beautiful design
- no power source needed in operation
- Lithium Ion rechargeable battery (recharges in 10 hours)
- hard-shell charging/transport case with an external power supply unit
- recharge by simply plug the case into a power source
- touch sensitive controls for mute and volume
- set up in less than a minute
- dual-microphone configuration within each satellite
See it in action HERE
||up to 8h with BA 100
||up to 24h
||Up to 10h
||Bluetooth approx. 10m / DECT approx. 20m
||1880 – 1900 MHz 1920 – 1930 MHz
1893 – 1906 MHz 2400 – 2485 MHz
Frequency response (Microphone)
200 Hz – 12 kHz
Frequency response (Headphones)
200 Hz – 9 kHz
||16 bit / 24 kHz
||Bluetooth, NFC, 3.5mm, USB
||4.2 / HFP / HSP / A2DP
|RF output power
||max. 100 mW (EIRP)
||Satellites: 3.7 VDC via BA 100 / or via USB to TC-W Master 5V/ max. 500mA
||12 V DC
|Controls: All satellites
||Volume and mute on all satellites
|Controls: Master satellites
NFC (Near Field Communication technology) status icon
3.5mm jack plug icons
Suggestions for improvement
Please ship with Bluetooth dongle
Why not certified for SFB\Teams?
Comment from Sennheiser:
“TeamConnect Wireless works with Skype for Business (as with other UC platforms without limitations. Microsoft changed the requirements for the S4B certification, due to the new category of “Skype Room System”. This follows the approach of a fixed, installed solution in dedicated rooms. Since this concept contradicts with the wireless, flexible concept for audio conferencing of TC-W, a certification is not possible”
It’s a beautifully designed product, what you would expect to see with Sennheiser. Also, it just works. Only real challenge is the price point, but again, if you took all the hours wasted on getting audio setup correctly you could easily justify spending USD 3,900.